Thursday, August 30, 2012

The First Bite: Pineapple Kick

Pineapple, Ginger, Celery, and Lemon Juice
Sweet, Fresh and a great summer afternoon drink. 

Gathered my ingredients, cut, washed, and peeled. The ginger is what gives this drink a nice kick. With the sweetness of the pineapple, everything just blends well together.

The juicer is my roommates and it's a Sharper Image Juicer that was given to her as a gift, but can be found on the internet. 

Going down the tunnel. Pineapple are very nutritious and sweet all by themselves. I love anything pinapple. Just don't get turned off by the rough exterior. 

Both the celery and pineapple gives up a lot of juice.

It's get a lil frothy

TADA! The end.

I've been juicing on and off for over 5 years now. I get these sporadic health kicks and want to try new things. I know for sure tho that juicing is awesome and with time and money, can work wonders. Maybe I'll get into the habit of juicing and shed some of this "I love to eat everything in site" fat. Lol. 

Recipe:
Ingredients:
1 Celery Bunch
1 Pineapple
Ginger
Lemon Juice (optional)

Directions:
1. Wash Celery and cut into pieced to fit through juicer tunnel.
2. Wash and peel ginger.
3. Cut Pineapple (This was done a day before, I knew I wanted to juice it.)
4. Push each ingredient down the juicing tube.
5. ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment