Saturday, February 9, 2013

The First Bite: Breakfast Egg Sandwich


Breakfast food is my favorite food in all the earth, alongside Italian dishes. I cook it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lately though, I've been cooking breakfast for dinner just because that's what I've been craving when I get home. My mom used to cook scrambled egg sandwiches when we were younger, and now as an mid-20 woman, I like to add my two or three cents into the mix. It's pretty simple and easy to make, and might I add healthy too.



Ingredients include: Whole Wheat Bread, Baby Spinach, Cage-Free Organic Brown eggs, Pepper Jack Cheese, butter and seas-salt.

Fill a small skillet with some water and add a spoon of butter in it.

Add the spinach.

 Saute' spinach

Once spinach has sauteed, remove from heat and place on paper towel to drain any excess water or butter. 

Crack an egg

Or two and add salt. I use Sea Salt, for no real reason, just because I can be just a lil fancy.
Pour the eggs into the skillet and listen to that sizzle

 Throw the bread into the toaster over

 Flip them eggs

 Watch the yolk ooze

 Add the pepper jack cheese for melting power

Now let the creation begin, first the bread and cheese. Oh and don't mind the way to break the cheese in half and place them on the individual slices, I'm weird like that. 

Then you would add the spinach, but that pic refused to rotate, so it get left out. Owell. Anywho add the eggs, then....

Top it off with the other slice of bread..

Cut in half and enjoy.


This my friends was my dinner last night and it was pure deliciousness as I bit into the sandwich and the cheese oozed out and the sprinkle of sea salt dance on my tongue. Well hope you enjoy.

xoxo,
Divine

Recipe

Ingredients
  • 2 Eggs
  • Bunch of Spinach
  • 2 Slices of Bread
  • Cheese of choice
  • Pinch of salt
  • Butter
  • Water (optional)
Directions
  1. Fill small skillet with water and a spoon of butter.
  2. Saute spinach until wilted, then remove from skillet and place on napkin to drain excess water and butter.
  3. Crack two eggs in small bowl and sprinkle with salt.
  4. Using the same skillet as the spinach, drop eggs and listen for the sizzle.
  5. Place two slices of bread in toaster, then add cheese on toast and wait for it to melt.
  6. Flip eggs, take toast out of the oven and begin the pile up.
  7. Cut in half and Enjoy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment