Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Spiritual Sanity {Fasting Day 20}

Source

For the past 20 days I have embarked on a 40 day fast. This is my first time doing a 40 Day one on my own. I've done fast's before while I was in Texas collectively with my church, however this is my first one by myself. I am currently following the Agape Worship Center Prayer, Fasting and Devotion that I found online here. Wherever that they have specific pertaining to their church I just insert my church information along with theirs.



I first thought to do this fast the Friday after my birthday because I just turned 27 and I was at the point where I ask myself "What am I doing with my life". I needed clarity on so many things like my job, my goals, my hopes, on love, my relationships, everything. And for me, the only way for me to do that was to try and disconnect with as much things that distracted me and seek God. Like really seek God. So 20 days ago, I began to read the Bible more, I worship at my set time of 9 pm and set place when I can. In those moments I relinquished all rights that I thought I had to God. I didn't want anything but His presence. I laid out a plan to follow during this fast which goes something like this:

Fasting from: 
Social Media – Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr – No posting, directly or indirectly, no viewing, signed out completely.
YouTube* Research, Blogpost*Can post
Fasting for:
Clarity, Healing, Deliverance, Freedom, Debt-free, Love relationship, Increase, Dennis, Purity
Noon Prayer
1st week – July 19 – July27
Fruits and Veggies Juices and actuals, soups, teas
2nd Week – July 28 – August 3
Only water until noon,
3rd Week – August 4 – August 10
Only water until 3pm   this turned into a job fast from 8-5pm only water
4th week August 11 – August 20
Only water until 6pm
5th week August 21 – August 28 In HAITI
Law of the land
Last week, Thanksgiving
Thursday’s –WATER ALL DAY.

During fast, do the work given to you, weekends focus on things that you are believing God for.
This isn’t a time to be an extremist, but to get in a deeper relationship with God, to be keen to His voice. After the fasting hours be conscience to not go back to old ways. Stay humbled, remember the reason for the fast, adapt to the ways of Jesus. Humble, Kind, weak to be strong in Him. Find understanding through Christ, read and understand the word so I can be a doer of the word.
Sacrifice, Self-discipline, not self-infliction

 "Is this the kind of fast I have chosen, only a day for a man to 
humble himself? Is it for bowing one’s head like a reed and for lying 
on sackcloth and ashes? Is that what you call a fast, a day acceptable 
to the Lord? Is not this the fast that I have chosen? To loose the 
bands of wickedness to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the 
oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? Is it not to deal thy 
bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to 
thy house? When thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that 
thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh? Then shall thy light break 
forth as the morning and thine health shall spring forth speedily; and 
thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be 
thy reward." Isaiah 58:3-8

Based off on the Agape Worship Center's pamphlet for the fast, the scripture is the above Isaiah 58:3-8. I just read it again and reread it in the Message version which was the clearest to me. I knew I wanted to fast, because I felt like I needed to get closer to God, to be able hear his voice again, to be able to lay my head on His shoulder and simply just sit with Him as I go about my day. When I first went this fast, I had ambitious goals, and honestly everyday has been it's own struggle. I've wanted to quit, I've eaten during times when I should just be drinking water. I've said bad words, I've had a glass of wine, I've had my moments. But what I love about this is that God is a sovereign and merciful God. I haven't given up and I won't. My ipod playlist is on constant worship to Him so that I can try and remain where He is. It's honestly have not been an easy one. However, I've learned so much. I think when we stop thinking so much about it and simply keep to our word and allow the Spirit to lead us there is nothing that we cannot do. 

During this fast, I've felt like I need to be away from everything so that I can be successful at it. Because when lunch is ordered in the office or when your boss get's on your nerves it's hard to abstain from and not curse or gossip about him. Yes it's hard, but it is possible. We always have to remember who we serve. We have to honor God in our ways and our words. Some days I want to scream (like today) and others I am floating on Gabrielle's wings. 

I am believing in God for multiple things in life and I know that my faith and trust in Him I will receive. So for those of you going through this journey of life, do not be discourage.The one common factor that we all have is Christ and He alone is the one that keeps us Spiritually Sane. 

I pray that who ever reads this post, that you will encounter a deeper relationship with Christ and the He alone will be your safe haven, even through each work day, through each reach of your goals and dreams, though the deep valley and high mountains. God is a good God, and know that He can and He will. Simply Trust Him with all that you have. 

-Spiritually Sane,
Divine Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment