Monday, July 30, 2012

The First Bite: Rice ~n~ Peas w/Tilapia


This post is long over due, but I am finally able to to post it. I made this for dinner on Sunday last week, and I was just 'bout licking my plate clean! I love seafood, did I mention that I LOVE SEAFOOD? Tilapia is one of THE EASIEST fish to cook, at least for me so I used what I had and went at it with le Tilapia. 

Ingredients: 1/2 cup of peas, 1 cup of rice, salt, garlic & oil.

Finely Chop 2 garlic cloves . 

Fry the garlic in oil.

Add the peas

1 1/2 cup of water, then rice to boiling water.

I learned from my mother that the rice is enough when it peaks at the top of the water. 

Boil! Boil! Boil! Stir the rice, when the water is just about done boiling, lower the temperature on the stove and cover the rice. 

I first fried the Tilapia in oil. 

Then I used a paste I made (will do another post) for coating and seasoning.

Added tomato sauce and VOILA!

Cooked Rice

Finale!





No comments:

Post a Comment