Saturday, December 1, 2012

Pausing Time

Source

Based on the title of this post, can we really pause time? Of course the answer is no. No matter what we may think or try to do, time will continue to run out, pass us by, and simply tick and tock. Seconds creating minutes, into hours, into days, weeks, months, and years. At a point in our life we will look back and let's hope that what we see is our goals being completed vs the same problem we've had years ago still in the forefront.

Sometimes I like to press pause. Not so much on time, but on my life. Pausing, yielding because sometimes we can be living too fast for our own good.

Imagine if there weren't any stop signs, or traffic lights to tell us when to go, slow down and stop? What if there weren't any speed bumps, or even pot holes in the road. I sometimes see these things as good pauses in life. Does anyone ever realize how fast they are going until they crash? I rather heed the signs to slow down and take a moment and reevaluate what's going on around me, in me, in front of me. There is nothing wrong with stepping away for a while, to fine tune the craft and gift that God has given us. Just like a car needs to be refueled with gas, or its oil change, and what about the tires? They get burnt out too.

So here I am, taking a pause. Considering that this is the first day of the last month of 2012; which 2012 has been a BLESSED year indeed for me, I do not want 2013 to be the same. I've learned a lot about myself and the friendships, family-ships, relationships that I am in. So, I'm pausing. Pausing from the planning, pausing from the over-thinking, pausing and simply loving. Loving God, Loving myself, Loving those around me, embracing them and being in them.

Step back and pause for a moment. Refresh yourself, so that you can only be the best you. However long you choose to pause for, just don't forget to press play.

-Daphne

No comments:

Post a Comment