Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Spring Cleaning in Fall


"I'm sorry mama, I never meant to hurt you, I never meant you cry, but tonight, I'm cleaning out closet" -Eminem

I can remember when my brother use to be hard on Eminem, he even had my mom singing this song. But for the first month of my Sabbatical that's exactly what I'm doing: cleaning out my closet. I want to dedicate my whole month of September to cleaning the "closets" in my life. Physical (Health), Mental (Mind), and Spiritual closets. By cleaning, purging, cleansing my life, I make room for God to manifest Himself all through it (my life). 

While doing devotion this week I ran across a verse from Psalm 103:12 "And as far as the sunrise is from sunset, He has separated us from our sins. Meaning He has not only forgiven us from what has hurt Him, but He has also forgotten. So stop dwelling in the past and move on. I know I use to get caught up in feeling guilty about my sins, and it was hard for me to forgive myself, but I was able to move on from that. Thank ya Jesus. 

So in cleaning out my closet, I've forgiven myself because God did it first. So September lets get to cleaning....

No comments:

Post a Comment