Monday, January 14, 2013

Approved

Ahhhh, the beloved Stamp of Approval. As much as we would like to think that we do not need anyone's approval to live our life, we secretly crave for it. Especially in decision making. We seek approval from our peers, our parents, our loved one's and even society in general. Now don't get it twisted, seeking approval does not necessarily mean that you are living for others. Now if you are looking to get approval on every single thing that you do in life, then you may need help. IJS.

Everyone who know's me, know's that I will change my hair in a quick second. It's usually based on how I am feeling or the what the next couple of weeks look like. With the New Year, no longer new anymore, I wanted to make some changes in my life concerning my health and money and such. We all know that weave can become costly and is really a recreational product that we choose to use. So I'm thinking of saving money by not purchasing any weave for the year 2013. I was going to perm it, because I felt like it was the easier to handle as well as up keep with my job and other things in life. But then, of course I want to work out, and I this and that and everything else.

The events of this weekend led me to wear my hair out, which led me to go to the job site wearing my hair out, which led to the approval of my co-workers. Of course after coming home at 2 AM, to find out you can't get into your apt (another post entirely), to having to sleep over your friends house and waking up 3 hours later, you really don't care what you or your hair looks like.

So now it's Monday morning and compliments, thumbs up, and double takes have given me the confidence and energy to feel good about my hair. As human's we may not verbally say we want a compliment, but we secret seek the approval of others. I think it's healthy, because then it helps up to improve and keep doing what we are doing. Especially when the satisfaction of others is present.

Now that I am "out of the NATURAL Hair closet", I will wear my hair proudly and maintain it for healthy growth and progress. Which of course I will keep you posted on.

All in all, God's stamp of approval is the utmost needed and wanted.

**This Message has been approved by the State of Daphne Eugene, all other's can politely kick rocks.**

Love,
Divine

No comments:

Post a Comment