Sunday, November 27, 2011

Giving Thanks {Food Version}

Finished Turkey


Thanksgiving has come and gone and what are we left with besides faint memories and leftovers? Giving thanks to me goes beyond just the wish and the mass text messaging  to your friends and families. Giving Thanks is an everyday lifestyle that consist of Thanking God for the very breath that He has so graciously just given us. So to make a BIG deal out of Thanksgiving is overrated....at least for me. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the BIg getting together and cooking and spending time with family and friends, laughing it up and making new memories. Though I am in a new place, this year was no different than any other year. Though it was different people and a different place it was all the some love and laughs and heart felt moments, and OH I can't forget the mood swings of 7 women. I am proud to say that I cooked most of the food, which was totally fun and experimental. Below are the memories that Thanksgiving 2011 is all about:

Getting reinforcement from my mom to make sure I am doing it right.

Seasoned Turkey, stuffed with veggies for taste

Deviled Eggs


Miss Jodi helping w/the Pie(s)

Sweet Potato Pie Filling

Stuffing Cloves in ham

Sweet Potato Pie

Spiced Pumpkin Pie

Green Beans for Casserole

Sauteed Onions and Mushroom for Casserole

Boiled green beans in Chicken stock

Backed Mac n Cheese


Green Bean Casserole Before the oven

Wings

Mashed Potatos

Cornbread Muffins

Miss Chels (roomie) making her Salad

The Kitchen aids :-)

Mr. Turkey


Ham

DINNER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment